Glyn Griffiths Jewellers operates a 28 Day Returns Policy. Item(s) can be returned by delivery or in store for an exchange, credit note or gift certificate provided that they have not been worn and are in the same condition that they were sold. You have 28 days from the date of purchase to return your order if you wish to do so. We do not offer a refund for the exchanged item unless the product is faulty. All purchases can be exchanged for any other item(s) to the same value or can be used towards item(s) of greater value in-store.
Our terms for delivery on online purchases are as follows:
Our days for sending purchases / orders are Monday - Friday. Unless otherwise prior agreed, all in stock purchases will be sent on the day of the purchase or the next business day. Our customer will be contacted on delivery times on any items that are not in stock or are made to order. We offer free delivery on items £150 +. Items up to £250 will be sent by recorded delivery, any purchase £250 + will be sent by special delivery unless otherwise agreed with our customer prior to sending.
Glyn Griffiths Jewellers take no responsibility for the loss of items in transit for a return to us. We advise that you please return your item(s) by registered or other insured and tracked postal service, and retain a proof of postage until your exchange is complete. Alternatively, you can return your items by hand in-store. If goods returned are not in suitable condition upon arrival, we will contact you. Returned goods exclude the cost of delivery.
Please return the item(s) in original packaging and condition to our returns address within 28 days of delivery.
Glyn Griffiths Ltd
5 Bowers Parade
Glyn Griffiths Policy
When it comes to quality, whether it's designing beautiful rings and pendants or repairing sentimental Jewellery, it’s all about the detail. Getting everything just right is why customers have trusted us for over 40 years to make every visit special.
The details you share with us help us to bring you our latest offers and exciting ranges.
- What information we collect when you use the Glyn Griffiths Jewellers website (the “Site”), when you communicate with us, or when you visit our store (as the case may be);
- How we use your information;
- How we share your information;
- How long we keep your information and how it is stored;
- Our approach to sensitive personal information;
- What options you have to control your information;
- The rights you may have in relation to your personal information; and
- How we communicate changes to this Policy.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
This Site is run by Glyn Griffiths Jewellers Limited (“Glyn Griffiths Jewellers”/”we”/”us"/”our”). For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (as amended or superseded) Glyn Griffiths Jewellers is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the Site, by phone, e-mail or other communication. This means that Glyn Griffiths Jewellers decides why and how your personal information is processed.
How do we collect information from you?
- Information we collect when you visit our Site
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- Create an account on our Site;
- Place an order through our Site;
- Fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey;
- Subscribe to our mailing list.
- Send an email to us
- Any personal information you provide to us in the ways listed above is voluntary. However, if you do not provide this information to us, we may be unable to provide products and services to you or interact or communicate with you effectively.
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- When you access our Site, we use “cookies” to make it easier for you to use our Site. These cookies record data about the pages you browse and the activities you carried out during your visit.
- We record details of the resources that you access to visit our Site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.); and
- We record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available.
- Information we collect in our stores
We will collect personal information that you provide to us in our stores when you:
- Ask us to provide you with a digital receipt;
- Subscribe to our mailing list;
- Enter a competition or respond to a survey.
- Information we collect when you contact us
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, e-mail, online chat function or via social media. We may monitor, record and store such communication with you as needed and, in particular, for training and/or quality purposes.
- Information we collect if you apply for a job with us
You may be able to apply for a job with us through our Site, in-store or through third party websites such as LinkedIn. The personal information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, employment history, and any information set out in your CV.
How we use your information
Data protection laws require us to have a specific legal reason (also known as a ‘lawful basis’) and purpose to use your personal information.
The ways we use your personal information and the legal reasons which we have for doing so are as follows:
- For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- To provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one;
- To fulfil any order that you place with us;
- To collect payment from you;
- To provide personal styling advice, if so requested;
- To administer any competitions you have entered;
- To provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically; and
- To protect and defend our legal rights and interests.
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and services
- To contact you by e-mail with marketing about our products and services after we presented you with an option on our Site to opt-out (e.g. using a tick box when placing an order or making a sales enquiry) which you declined to take. This marketing will relate only to products and services similar to those you are purchasing or enquiring after;
- To deliver tailored advertising (including via social media);
- To tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes and preferences; and
- To administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to.
- Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and the needs of our visitors and customers
- To analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services; and
- Processing necessary to conduct recruitment activities and staff our business
- To review and assess any job application that you submit to us.
- Where you have provided your consent:
- To contact you by post, e-mail or text message or WhatsApp message with marketing communications about our products, services, events and promotions and about our third party partners where you opted-in to receiving these (e.g. by actively ticking a box or by confirming agreement in-store). This includes marketing information that we send to you in our e-mail newsletter to which you have signed up by inserting your e-mail address or that we send on your birthday where you have provided your data of birth for this purpose;
- To contact you by e-mail or text message to refresh your marketing preferences; and
- Where the processing is required for us to comply with our legal obligations:
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your data protection rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes or your subscription has expired, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with our legal obligations); and
- To keep a record of the data protection rights that you have exercised and which relate to our processing of your personal information.
How we share your information
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, picking, packaging and processing orders, fulfilling deliveries, customer support, fraud detection, credit risk reduction checks, IT systems support, and internal audits.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to test, enhance or maintain the functionality of our Site.
- In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, our website provider may automatically send you an e-mail to remind you that there are items in your basket.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your e-mail address, is provided to the relevant third party. You may have the right to object to your personal information being used in this way (see “Rights you may have” below).
We receive insights from Facebook about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns which you experience on our Site and social channels. This helps to better target our advertising.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet these standards and those contained in the GDPR.
How we store your information
Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of our suppliers to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal information, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information you give us relating to credit card details is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of this Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
Sensitive personal information
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
Rights you may have
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of your information and will always have a right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given to us.
In particular, you have the right to object or withdraw your consent (as applicable) to any use we make of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you. You have the option to unsubscribe from our text or WhatsApp messages.
If you want to change the details that you have registered with us, or would like to amend your marketing preferences or unsubscribe altogether, you can opt out at any time by doing one of the following:
- You can Contact Us using our online form, or email us email@example.com
- Glyn Griffiths Jewellers Ltd, 5 Bowers Parade, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2SH
- You can call us on 01582 713430 and speak to our Team. They are available Monday to Saturday 9am-5pm.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an e-mail with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.